Essays and Short Stories Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Despite the snarky Facebook statuses, the eye-rolling, and all the hipster-ish brouhaha about New Year's Resolutions, I think, deep own inside, we all crave for a fresh start. As they say: 365 days, 365 chances. (Unless it's a leap year.)
I find that making lists works for me. I become more productive when I list down the things I need to do. When packing for an adventure, I list down the things that I need to bring and check them off as they go inside the bag. The result: I don't forget anything essential. So, to make my 2015 a little more challenging, I am making this list as a complementary list to the list of all lists: my Bucket List. Too many of the word "list" in one paragraph. Whew!
Same time next year, I will assess how much I stayed true. And how much I didn't.
15 Things I Am Determined to Accomplish for 2015
1. Ride my bike for at least 10 minutes every day. Because I truly enjoy this form of exercise.
2. Be in bed by 8PM; asleep by 9PM. No sense in staying up late if it's only to scroll through my Facebook Newsfeed.
3. Get up every day before 8AM. Yep, I'll be a morning person for 2015.
4. Complete at least 50% of 9gag's 2015 Reading Challenge. Of course, I'll be aiming for a hundred percent.
5. Do a plank before I sleep and right after I wake up. I feel so strong after doing it!
6. No more sodas! I am swearing off Cola and its kin for all eternity.
7. Limit my chichirya intake to once a month. This includes popcorn.
8. Go on adventures at least once a month. Let's make it official.
9. Update my blog at least twice a week. You'll be reading more of my writings this year.
10. Prepare a meal at least once a week. This intimidates me a little bit.
11. At least once a week, high-five a random stranger. It'll be so much fun. Hehehehe.
|Doing it like this is optional.|
12. Travel to Visayas and/or Mindanao. This is actually one of my priorities.
13. Allow myself to back-out on a plan or cancel a commitment just once. Because nothing is more maddening than a trip that did not come true.
14. Return to a place I visited in 2014. Sorsogon does not count.
15. Write someone a letter. You know, a real one. On paper.
That's it! That's my list. How about you? What are the things you want to do this 2015?
Cheers to the next adventure!